Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cheap camping

As we prepare for our big trip, I went and got a National Parks Senior Pass. It used to be called the Golden Age pass. With this, I can get a reduced rate at COE parks and some state parks.
For example, I've reserved a stay at a COE park outside of Nashville for $10 a night. That sure beats the $52 a night the Nashville KOA wanted. It works with state parks in LA as well. There, I can stay for $9 a night. Of course the trade off is usually no WiFi or full hookup. But they have dump stations and I can get wireless with my phone, so it'll work out.

2 comments:

  1. Im so excited for both of you . You are going to have a great time and i will be sure to follow you every night..I love you both..Chtisty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you both will have a great time. After 3 days I would be ready to go home, but I know you will take a lot of pics to show us home bodies.

    ReplyDelete