Monday, October 12, 2009

7 Points


This is the view that greeted us as we pulled back in to our site last night. We spent the day traveling from Norris Dam down I75 to I40 to here, the Seven Points Core of Engineers Campground. We are about 10 miles from the absolute center of Nashville. The campground is outstanding. The sites are large and fairly well separated and have elec. and water. Most have a second spot to park your towed vehicle or boat. The roads and parking pads are all paved and leveling is not a problem. Like Jordan, there isn't a bad site here. It's not as quiet as Norris. We're in the landing pattern for the Nashville airport and we often hear trains in the distance, but it's not bad at all and the beauty of the campground more than makes up for it. We are across the road from the lake. I would have gotten a lakeside site but they were all taken when I was reserving. When we pulled in yesterday at 2:00, there was a line of 6 or 7 rigs waiting to dump. After we got here, we decided to go out a find a Walmart to stock up on some things. So I used the Garmin to tell me where it was. When it came up, it didn't look quite right but I figured I'd try it out. Well, it took us about 20 miles away when there is one about 6 miles away. So we wound up on the south side of town and I had forgotten to save our campsite as a favorite. No problem, I'll just type it in. Sure enough, it says 7 points campground, a away we go. It lead us into a run down residential neighborhood nearer the center of town and said "here you are". So I said forget this, I'll use dead reckoning and get there myself. So I took us into the center of Nashville so Diane could see what the town looked like. Last night, there was a Titans game in town and the center of town was wall to wall people. So we ran around in circles a little bit and then hit the highway back to camp, just in time to watch the sun go down across the street. Our first stop will be in to the visitors center to get a view of what we might see. There's too much for one trip, so we've got to sort it out. Hard to balance sight-seeing and relaxing, but we'll manage, even if it means staying here a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment